With day one complete and everyone is at the same or better level of there understanding of containers and Kubernetes we move on to the final day of the HAckfest. Today the class broke into groups and the goal is for the groups to convert a realworld application into a container.
The day was broken down into 7 challenges.
- Challenge 1 - Containerizing application locally
- Challenge 2 - Continuous Integration with your containers
- Challenge 3 - Deploy to the Cloud, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Challenge 4 - Persisting database workload
- Challenge 5 - Routing traffic to multiple applications
- Challenge 6 - Monitoring and Logging using existing organizational tools
- Challenge 7 - Serverless Containers
I remember the night before thinking that this day wasn’t going to be so bad but it’s one thing to do training and another to migrate a real application. But by the end of the day, I had migrated our time keeping application to Azure.
The Kubernetes Hackfest couldn’t have been possible without our presenters today Kevin Harris (@KevinBHar) and Ray Kao (@raykao ) and Mathieu Benoit. They are all excellent speakers and really know what they are talking about.
I’m really looking forward to learning more about containers and using these skills.